Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dead GPS module???

What? No fishing due to no GPS? How quickly we become accustomed to our toys... Hahaha. Time to kick it "old school" and fish by feel. Come on, you know you want the challenge. AJs needs to sell a few more rigger balls anyways. LOL.
Best of luck getting your unit fixed. Its good to hear something good about the Lowrance service for once.

Robbie
Launched Friday morning and couldnt get the GPS working. Kept getting "module not responding" message.
Kept trying to get it going. Finally gave up and returned to dock. I didnt want my balls at 40 feet and run into 25 feet of water.
I messed with it at home for an hour or so with no results, then called Lowrance.
Despite what I've heard on this board about negative Lowrance issues, the tech I talked to was good. He told me to download and install the latest software update for my unit (something I didnt know was available, and probably most people dont), he told me how to "reset" my unit (something not in the instruction book), and he told me how and where to check to make sure I was getting voltage to the module.
So, after updating, resetting, and finding 12 volts at the proper places, he told me to send in the module and if it was defective, he'd ship a replacement to me at no cost. ( my warrantee ran out a year ago)
So, I guess I wont be on the lake for a while unless I go bassing.UGH
I'm running a Lowrance LCX27c with an LGC-3000 module. If anyone has one of these modules kicking around that I could borrow for ten minutes, I'd know for sure if its the module or something else.
ROBBIE

Who do you think would have a spare module, Big John of course.

I have one Robbie, but if you only want to plug one in for a bit I'm sure plenty of guys close to you have one you could try. You can try mine and even use it while yours in being repaired, etc.

Call me 978-667-3117 if you want to try/use mine.

Big John
PS: Lowrance cuctomer service has always been super with me, how else do you think I ended up with two modules ???

Oh Robbie, where are you ????

I have a module you can use until you get it worked out, still waiting for a call from you ????????

978-667-3117

Big John

Big John-----Sorry for the delay. I havent been back on the board since posting.
Many thanks for the offer of the "loaner",but I have a policy of not borrowing other fishermens gear to fish with because if it should die while in my posession I'd be replacing two units instead of one.
I was hoping to find someone closer with a module I could use for just a few minutes to determine if it was in fact the module, or if it was in my unit.
No matter now anyway---I shipped the module to Lowrance on Monday. I'll wait for their reply.
It isnt that I cant still go fishing----like the rest of you, I fished for years without GPS. I'm just spoiled with all the toys.
Many thanks for your offer
ROBBIE

Not a problem, this ones been loaned out a few times and still works, lol. It just sits on my dash in my truck, been there all year, been meaning to put it on the boat somewhere.

The offer still stands if ya want, I'll be coming up Thursday afternoon and stopping at AJ's, I can leave it there for you. I undersand your policy, but if it breaks you will only have to buy one, Lowrance will replace yours for free. Set your policy aside and use mine for now, it's just collecting dust.

Let me know, you can pick it up at AJ's Thursday afternoon.

Big John

OK Big John, you convinced me. Now that was hard, wasn't it??? Tell AJ I'll be by Friday morning to pick it up.
Thanks again Big John
ROBBIE

Robbie
OK Big John, you convinced me. Now that was hard, wasn't it??? Tell AJ I'll be by Friday morning to pick it up.
Thanks again Big John
ROBBIE

OK, it's a 2000 I think, but is compatible with 3000., When I upgraded to my current unit they did not send me a new 3000 module, they told me my old 2000 (same as my spare) was fine to use. So when you get it, don't be alamred that it is not a 3000, it will work fine.

Big John

John Sampson
Robbie
Thanks again Big John
ROBBIE

OK, it's a 2000 I think, but is compatible with 3000., When I upgraded to my current unit they did not send me a new 3000 module, they told me my old 2000 (same as my spare) was fine to use. So when you get it, don't be alamred that it is not a 3000, it will work fine.

Big John

OK Robbie, now that I twisted your arm talked you into it, I figured I better call Lowrance and make sure I was right. I was right, however they sent me a red conversion cable with my new unit to make the 2000 work with it. Sooooo, I lied, it wont work, sorry about that bud.

Big John

OK big John---Now untwist my arm.
No problem John. Again, thanks a million.
ROBBIE

Robbie
OK big John---Now untwist my arm.
No problem John. Again, thanks a million.
ROBBIE

We tried, the wait for Lowrance wasn't too bad either, besides I had a few questions of my own.

Big John