Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ocean baby!!!!!!!

AWESOME Charlie!

Trav

Yankee Native
Took my two boys to Jefferys yesterday.The new boat handled well, although it was nearly flat calm, so not a real "sea trial". Catching was spotty for us as we,d get a couple then loose them.Fished mostly 190 to 240 f.o.w. Caught way more cusk than anything, followed by short cod. But did bring home a few cod and haddock the biggest being 22lb. cod and 14lb. haddock. Also saw alot of whales and porpoise and more boats fishing tuna than I,ve seen.There was one stick boat that must of done 500 miles as we keept seeing him all day long. CC gave you a shout on ch.68.Next time I,ll try ch.8 Cal P.

10-4 cal
You will be surprized what your boat will handle on the salt it looks like she can handle her own for sure!! Where on jefferys were you?

C.C.

C.C. Don,t know the names of the locations on Jefferys, but from Isles of Shoals I skirt the N.E. area of Old Scantum and across the basin to Jefferys then look for boats that are catching something.Maby thats the Curl or just below it. Cal P.

Ahh, New Scrantum, wish I was there right now! Sounds like the Prongs Cal, it's the first place you hit skirting Old Scrantum (2 long ledges that look like fingers on the map pointing back at Old Scrantum). The cove is south and the curl is to the north and set back in a good little ways another 8 or 9 miles.

You can usually find me at any and everywhere in between : ' ) when the weather cooperates.

Mike