Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Track systems - question

John Sampson
ilucas
Throbbin Rods
Looking at getting ird of my dowrigger mounting bar and going to a track system. Thing is, everything I see looks like it has inserts that stick up 4" or more, and then you mount your downrigger swivel mount on top of that, by the time all is done it seems the rigger will be a foot off the gunwale? Can anyone lead me out ofthe darkness?
thanks
bill

Just put the transom bar accross the back of my boat. I ran two 24" tracks on the gunnel, then a 6" reverse riser in the tracks that accept the 8' transom bar. Put four 3" swivel bases on the transom bar track and mounted the riggers to the bases.
Riggers seem to be at the perfect hieght on my boat, but have been so busy with work I haven't been on the water to try it out yet.

My gunnell hieght is 26"'s from the deck and this setup brings the keypad of the digitroll 4's to 44" in hieght from the deck on my boat.

Hey Mike, I know who you got them from, but nobody else does ?? Did you forget to put it in your post ????

Big John

I got them from Melody at Transtech. When I finally
get on the water I will post pics.

The gunnels on my boat are not flat so the rails sit at a slight angle. I have them shimmed right now until the season ends and then I will send the risers to Jeff and he will cut and weld them to the correct angle to sit flat in the tracks on my gunnels. Good people over there, they will work with you!!!!

Re: Track systems - question

I use Traxstech stuff, but Bert's has quality products as well. My downrigger swivel base added 3" of height.As John said, the people at Traxstech are top notch. Your gunwale will fail before their tracks do. Strong stuff.