(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: salmon and trout on winni

Fish"N"247
SPEED ! If you can't stay @ 1.8 og/ 2.1 og mph using any GPS you'll have a hard bite. Don Beatle owns a tackle shop in Maine, I tell him where to go what to use and when to be there. He goes and still can't hook fish, a couple here and there. His boat will not troll slower than 2.6 og mph. This will not work! I have been there before...!! One trip we used the bucket the life jackets were in to slow the boat. Going over the same marks at 2.0 2.1 we doubled and tripple up.The next day I dropped 4k on a kicker motor, raymarine c-80 garmin GPS with a lake chip. You didn't have to kick me more than once!!! There are many other factors that play with a good catch but I would start with SPEED !!!

Speed is very important and your combination of bait. If "all" fly's (streamers) you can troll as much as 3 mph if needed, sometimes better. But if you mix flys and hardware, you better slow it down to 2 mph like he other post recomended. If using live bait, even slower and all lines should have live.

Good luck,

Big John