Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: last days ( this year) on the barge

great report.. glad there a still a few rainbows left in squam... i would have been there last weekend but things had been very slow so i went to winni. and it worked out pretty good catching half a dozen decent salmon...

How big do you think the rainbow you lost was? Good luck John on the surgery. I hope all goes well and you will be pain free next year.

Misty Mornin
How big do you think the rainbow you lost was? Good luck John on the surgery. I hope all goes well and you will be pain free next year.

Well we were catching them close to 6 pounds and 24" in the spring and this one was lucky enough not to get caught, so I'm thinking it was 7 something at least.

I caught one 2 or 3 years ago, day after Season ended, it was 27" or 28" if I remember correct, we did not weigh it, just tossed it back quickly. It was caught with a night crawler while Bass fishing in Bass waters. We never caught a big Bow again until this spring when 4 and 5 pounders were common, not a clue why unless they ate all the 3"
Salmon that were stocked..

A few reported 6 and 7 pound Bows this spring, but the reports are suspect, many fish are caught, never weighed and end up to be 6 and 7 pounders.

We weigh most big fish so when we give a weight, you know it's pretty accurate, if we don't weigh it we will state it's an estimate. I wish more would do the same and I realize some say it is not good for the fish to be weighed, but we harvest most big ones as they are at or past their peak and most likely will deteriorate and eat allot of smelt while doung so.

Big John

John; Best of luck with the surgery. And thanks for the good fishing and good times on The Barge this year. Cal P.

Yankee Native
John; Best of luck with the surgery. And thanks for the good fishing and good times on The Barge this year. Cal P.

Thanks, looking forward to fishing from your new ride.

Keep in touch,

Big John