Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 09 Buck

What you couldn't find anything better to shoot up there??? WOW nice one.polebreaker who is going to spend another weekend trying to see something other than baldy's

Hey John, Could you tell us a little more about how you killed that beautiful buck. Congtrats, and I thank you in advance. Joe

A friend invited me to his familys camp in Maine this year for the week of thanksgiving. After hunting the first two weeks in northern new hampshire and seeing only baldys I was ready for a change.
We got to camp on sat. the 21st around noon headed right out to hunt the afternoon. I still hunted a pretty steep ridge and coming down the other side i jumped a doe. I looked around and found a nice buck track in the mud. I ended up coming out on another road at dark and could smell a Buck not 50 yards off the road! Anyways could not hunt Maine on sunday so i headed back in there monday the 23rd. Got out of my truck first thing and had deer blowing at me up on the same ridge. Ended up making a big wide circle on the ridge and was walking down the same skid road as on sat when i looked down towards where I had smelled the buck 2 days earlier, There he Was!! Anyways 7 shots later I had him on the ground 194 Lbs. 100 yard drag to the truck!

Nice buck John !!! Looks to be in his prime. Very big and healthy. Cal P.

Wow what a Buck Good Job Congrats!!!

Trav

Hey, thanks a million. Way to throw the lead with the lever. I just poured out a little Sammy Winter Lager for that tough buck. Let it snow....up at 5 ready to let the smoke fly out of the .50