Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medical breakthrough

Glad to hear you are doing good I had my Stomach hernia taken care of in Oct. very painful but all set now hate to go back to work ,also the rod holders I purchased from you worked great, Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year to ya SS

SeaSlayer
Glad to hear you are doing good I had my Stomach hernia taken care of in Oct. very painful but all set now hate to go back to work ,also the rod holders I purchased from you worked great, Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year to ya SS

Ouch on the stomach hernia.

My sister in law had a brain tumor, in the hospital 4 days, glass of wine at home the 5th day, don't have to see doctor until February. No pain whatsoever.

My shoulder, seen doctor twice now in 5 weeks, again next week.

My Daughter in Law liver tumor, cut from under left breast to right hip (super ouch) along rib line, she is still a hurtin unit 3 weeks after, they said might be 2 months before she is pain free.

Brother in law, minor Knee surgery, doing fine.

All these operations within 2 weeks, all non-malignent, Christmas came early around here.

94 year old Mother in Law (the one that fishes) keeps on ticking, Aspirin a day, still bakes (lives with me, gaining too much weight, ugh) everyday.

I hope everyone else is doing fine.

Big John

John, I'm glad I'm not in your family, it looks like you have more than your share of health problems.

Louis

The old fisherman
John, I'm glad I'm not in your family, it looks like you have more than your share of health problems.

Louis

Yep, we had our share, but it was all at once, maybe we can have a few years now with no major stuff. We also had a new baby during the same two weeks too, so it wasn't all gloom.

Your going to love this, the new babies grandmother, another sister in law had a "double hip" replacement
in July. She was up and walking in 2 days and home in 5, doing terrific, amazing what they can do now.

Big John

John, like me and the Jolly Green Giant always say, "There is nothing like a Good Pea"! Glad you are doing well and sleeping through the night.

Misty Mornin
John, like me and the Jolly Green Giant always say, "There is nothing like a Good Pea"! Glad you are doing well and sleeping through the night.

Ha,ha nothing like a good pea, or is it pee. It is great not waking up afraid to move and get shooting pain in my shoulder.

Big John

and you'll be faster on the "riggers" this spring Big John

Glad to hear you doing good Big John, Man why didn't you ask the local expert? I could of told you about the frozen pea/or corn trick LOL Hope your not buying multiple bags? Just keep throwing it in the freezer and re-using it (good idea though, write on it with permanent marker "Shoulder Peas" Cuz if ya forget and cook them they taste like crap after being frozen and unfrozen umpteen times LMAO) Who ended up doing your surgery? Curious? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

LOL Dave
Glad to hear you doing good Big John, Man why didn't you ask the local expert? I could of told you about the frozen pea/or corn trick LOL Hope your not buying multiple bags? Just keep throwing it in the freezer and re-using it (good idea though, write on it with permanent marker "Shoulder Peas" Cuz if ya forget and cook them they taste like crap after being frozen and unfrozen umpteen times LMAO) Who ended up doing your surgery? Curious? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

I fish with a heart doctor from Brigham and Womens Hospital in Boston and he felt with some of my risk factors (overweight, irregular heart beat, etc) I should be in a major hospital in Boston that had a surgical team that could deal with anything that might come up. So I went with a Doctor (Dr Higgins)that does only shoulders now and had it done at New England Baptist hospital, they do strictly orthodpedic surgery there.

It went well and I'm coming along fine, been 5 weeks now.

I better mark those peas, lol.

Big John

Glad to hear your doing fine John. Sounds like you will be all set for Salmon season.

Hey Do me a big favor if you can next time you go there, ask if they do knee replacements on big guys too? And if you can get me a doctors name and number. I would greatly appreciate it, as I too am looking for a hospital that knows what the hell they are doing. Thanks Big John, and glad to hear your doing better. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

LOL DAve, shoot me an e mail in private and I have some info for you.

Big John

great to hear all is fine john.hope you have a wonderful x-mas. joe s...