Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Article on hook wounding and barbless hooks.

http://www.performanceflyrods.com/barbless/barblesshooks.html

Big John

Re: Article on hook wounding and barbless hooks.

Good article John supporting pinching the barb on hooks. Never realized the damage to lip plates.
Cal

Great article...should be required reading for all the catch & release fishermen... "Why anyone practicing catch and release fishing wouldn't want to make his experience so much easier by pinching down the barbs is totally beyond me." This article also shows the damage done from a single hook flies.

We flatten the barbs on our plugs when fishing for schoolie stripers, bluefish etc. Back when we hab our boat on Lake Winni and fished extensively we would flatten the barbs on Suttons, Mooselooks etc. alot less damage/ easier to release the fish.

Good job well done Mr. Sampson

salmo salar
Great article...should be required reading for all the catch & release fishermen... "Why anyone practicing catch and release fishing wouldn't want to make his experience so much easier by pinching down the barbs is totally beyond me." This article also shows the damage done from a single hook flies.

We flatten the barbs on our plugs when fishing for schoolie stripers, bluefish etc. Back when we hab our boat on Lake Winni and fished extensively we would flatten the barbs on Suttons, Mooselooks etc. alot less damage/ easier to release the fish.

Good job well done Mr. Sampson

There is allot of good info out there ifya have the timevto look it up, which I do in the winter. Google is a great tool.

Big John

Very good article John.
As you know, I've been crimping the barbs for a number of years.
May have lost a fish or two that may have qualified for the derby, but it is worth it.
Louis

Re: Catalog

hey john, any suggestions on what you may have had success with in the pro eye spoon choices ???
thanks

lunkerhunter
hey john, any suggestions on what you may have had success with in the pro eye spoon choices ???
thanks

Having some trouble with my computer, have to do this in two post. For the really nice Holographic colors go here. I have had good luck with all of them they are 2 3/8" long. But use a #6 hook on them.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/proeye-spoons/310321.aspx

Big John

lunkerhunter
thanks

For nice blanks to use for taping your own (same spoons as the holographics) go to this page, they are 2 3/8" and again I would use the #6 treble.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/proeye-spoons/310319.aspx

I think there are 6 types, they are all easy to work with.

Big John