(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fishing and Managing Landlocked Salmon from one anglers viewpoint

agreed
i dont claim to understand all of the info.
but i agree.hook woundsa are surely a problem.and rubber nets should be used by all.i beleive if all fisherman/fisherwoman would educate them selfs.these problems would dissaper.but i agree with the above post.the size of the fish are terrible? just 2 years ago i was catching good heathly salomon on winni.i know hook wounds does not help.but i too believe this to be a forage issue.just my 2 cents.
thanks joe s...

Re: Fishing and Managing Landlocked Salmon from one anglers viewpoint

In addition to hook wounding from high fishing pressure, I too think the forage is a huge part of the problem. A hook wounded Salmon in Squam or Sunapee does not look emaciated like a Winni Salmon.

They say there plenty of Smelt in Winni, but maybe "plenty, aint enough" for the huge amount of Salmon in the Lake.

Last Spring we caught many fish (over 20") that sure looked starved.

Before you will see any rods per boat limits, that's a real political a football, I think we will see a stock rate reduction as part of the plan to bring Winni back too.

The Derby decision is a done deal, lets hope for the best and move forward.

Perhaps a Salmon stamp is needed to make up for lost license revenue ????

A friend also suggested, seeing that there is no public launch on Winni, perhaps a percentage of private launch fees can be paid to F and G. Many states will not stock a lake with out public launch access..

Big John