Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
advocate for 3 rods per boat

I'd like to advocate for 3 rods per boat while trolling(not 3 rods per angler). I fish alone at times and can't always cover all the bases. In spring and fall an ideal set up could be one topwater, one leadcore, and one downrigger. This would help those who fish alone and also allow those with multiple anglers and larger boats have one setup in each area of the water column. I think this would be a good compromise to the great rod debate while also eliminating the # of lines in the water. I'm stating this under the assumption that most people don't fish alone. If most do fish alone, then what I mentioned would not be a wise choice. However, nearly every boat I see while trolling has more than one person aboard. Charter Captains would have to follow the same 3 rod limit. Sorry Travis and AJ because without you there wouldn't even be this site to post our opinions on. I think you'd agree however that 3 rods are better than 2, if in fact they're serious at F&G about the 2 rod per boat limit.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: advocate for 3 rods per boat

not 3 rods per angler is what you wrote in your post above.????????? Sure hope your not fishing 3 rods when your by yourself, cuz the law states you are only allowed "2" rods per fisherman. Just thought I'd point that out, cuz your post sounds like you were fishing 3 rods. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Re: advocate for 3 rods per boat

Never fished 3 rods while by myself, always two. I was trying to state that 3 would be a good compromise for people who fish alone and those that fish with others. Sorry it wasn't more clearly stated.