Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: derby

Thanks guys, I appreciate the open invitations on your boats, but If I know you the way I think I do, I think you would have offered me a seat even without these posts. I just get really upset (and normally keep my mouth shut) but when someone goes on a Rampage like that and tears into people that I consider true and good friends, Even I couldn't stand back any longer. As they say there's always one bad apple that ruins it for everyone. And it made me really laugh when I went back and found those posts the Kersten had made from a few years ago, saying exactly the same things he/she was Complaining about. All I know is Yes I am upset the derby was cancelled, but if it is gonna help the fishery improve????? Then yes I'm all for it, I will do whatever it takes to keep the salmon fishery alive and well, even if it means having to volunteer for F & G or anything else for that matter. I want this fishery to be there when and if someday I have grandchildren. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Thumbs up! You had me laughing, Dave.

When and if.The changes are made. To the salmon fishery in Winni. We are all going to have to act in a positive manner.Being negitive or blaming some one else. Isn"t going to help turn things around.We are all going to have to do our share. And Im sure the guides will be the first on the list.

Dave,
I always don't see "eye to eye" with people who post on this site with regards to how best manage the fishery in this state. That being said I enjoy the site and the info. it provides. Everyone has a right to their opinion but it doesn't need to be negative and call people out.
The original post did this and I commend you for sticking to your guns and responding the way you did. Travis and AJ are providing a service here, like it or not. If you don't like it, then simply don't check out the posts here. It's really that simple. I've never personally met either Travis or AJ, but I'm fairly confident that if they thought this site was the cause of the decline on Winni, then it would cease to exist. One thing I can see is a lot of passion in people with regards to the fishery in this state. Hopefully this can be channeled in a constructive way for the benefit of all waterbodies in our state.

Chris

Amen to all that you have said. As someone who has grown up on this lake I believe the salmon fishery has become too commercialized. it's a business more than a sport. Thank you for posting what I was thinking Kersten.

Chris

with that being said, I do not blame the website or its creators for the fisheries' decline however commercializing our sport to the extent that it has been commercialized certainly has at the very least contributed to the decline. I have posted here before but never numbers or fishing locales. I think the human race is intelligent enough to figure that out for themselves. on an added note, and it pains me to say this for the sake of the many talented guides on this lake, but could we perhaps limit the number of guides permitted to guide this Lake? As a recreational fisherman I know the intermittent trips that I make on this lake are not harming the numbers and therefore size of the fish but when I see larger boats with 6, 8 or 10 lines running off of them that bugs me. My 2 cents and in no way am I blaming any one person- just a lifetime, local fisherman who enjoys wetting a line once in awhile.
certainly enjoy a good discourse!
Chris