(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam Lake

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boulder is where a lot of the fisherman go, I see of bunch of boat trailer there. Get yourself a lake chart and Navionic chip, lots of shoals.

Boulder

Squam Boating

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gus

Book a charter with Big John on the Barge he's the best at getting Squamed as he puts it !!!!! LOL

Bring extra everything!!!BARRY

Squam has been a decent lake for both Salmon and Bows, hardly any Lakers. It can be testy, but in the spring if you stay in 30+ feet of water, close to the deep basins you should be OK.

When fish go deep be prepared to loose some gear.

Get the Navionics chip 2008 or better and you should be OK. Not allot of deep water in Squam at all, fish the basins and/or edges. With limited deep water, it can get crowded.

Look for my Barge, I might be there in May ????

We don't do Charters, but we do take lots of guys from this web site out on Squam, poor man charters.

Big John

Being a state employee, I'm a poor man!
I'll be on ice at Winni this week-end fishing the derby for the first time. I will post the results which I expect will be, that I did not get bit by any Black Flies. TnT W-Fat

As John said, Squam can be very tricky, you have to pay attention all the time, or you're back to the store replacing your gear.
Squam is a beautiful lake even if we don't catch as many fish as on Winni.
My cousin comes up often and stays at the Boulders and likes it.
Many Bass tournament fisherman stay there make sure their docks are available.
Good luck and hope to see you there.

Louis

W-Fat
Being a state employee, I'm a poor man!
I'll be on ice at Winni this week-end fishing the derby for the first time. I will post the results which I expect will be, that I did not get bit by any Black Flies. TnT W-Fat

Good luck Chris, I'll be home in front of the fireplace thinking of ya.

Big John

Ralph Phillips
Am thinking about trying a new place this year for my May vacation.. Squam Lake looks interesting.. Anyone have any opinions on this place for Rainbows/Salmon and more importantly does anyone have any experience with "Boulders Lakefront Motel"

There are other places on the water with docks if you cant get what yu need at Boulders. Try Cottage Place in Holderness, NH (both are on Little squam)

Big John