Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Team Coed

Coach W-Fat; Took Team Coed to Contoocook Lake, Derby in Jaffery again this year. I drilled holes and cooked, while the girls had a 30 plus fish day. Catching pickerel, white & yelow perch,hornpout,sun fish, crappie. The Daughter C.J. from Nicholes college got 2nd place for pickerel. Missy from UNH took 2nd place for hornpout, & 3rd place for yellow perch. That was 2 days ago & the W-Fat is still lame. I can't keep up with 20 year old legs any more. I do better fishing on the barge eating shrimp. TnT W-Fat

Re: Team Coed

W-Fat
Coach W-Fat; Took Team Coed to Contoocook Lake, Derby in Jaffery again this year. I drilled holes and cooked, while the girls had a 30 plus fish day. Catching pickerel, white & yelow perch,hornpout,sun fish, crappie. The Daughter C.J. from Nicholes college got 2nd place for pickerel. Missy from UNH took 2nd place for hornpout, & 3rd place for yellow perch. That was 2 days ago & the W-Fat is still lame. I can't keep up with 20 year old legs any more. I do better fishing on the barge eating shrimp. TnT W-Fat

Great job takin care of the young ladies, I envy you,lol. Maybe some day we can get the girls on the Barge if they can stand that much comfort. I have a grill and can suffer one day without shrimp. If F and G has it's way we will need 5 girls on the nbaot to fish 6 lines,lol.

We will always have a seat for you on the Barge, is there any such thing as diet shrimp ????????

Big John
(who's trying to get littler)

I almost went over to that derby this year. I grew up in Jaffrey and know the lake well but the spots I'd want to get to are a LONG walk from the beach and I don't have a snowmobile so I passed.

I heard it's a well run event and the prizes looked great. Was it crazy with snowmobile traffic going through your spread?...that's how I remember the lake.

Traffic was calm compared to past years. Water a foot deep at the beach for about 50' ice 18" thick. Nothing to do with the derby but one dude got a 6-1/2 lb bass while we were there. W-Fat