Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Champlain Help

Fish the island sea for salmon and browns,and once in a while a walleye,we use the same stuff we use at winni Guides,DB,mooselooks,you will have to try diffent colors and sizes and that is how you will learn what will work for you.Has you know you can fish with the same lure that someone else is using and working and you have one on and get nothing.Roberts Point in outter mallets bay works and we fish for Lakers on the NY side of lake.Weather and wind is always a factor Good luck great fishery B-man

butcher-i was at south hero last may. we fished southeastern? side of south hero towards the causeway-breakwater and the apple farm? marina. there's a lot of water in that area for trolling. we slayed them using all the same lures we use on winni. caught huge landlocks up to 5 plus pounds and even bigger browns. had a blast-good luck

I would echo what echo said. We're up staying in South Hero for the first two weeks of June every year and although we put most of our time into pike and bass, we usually save out a few days for Salmon fishing. There's a lot of potential area but we've found the most consistent area seems to be the south half of the area between Kibbe Point, the islands and the causeway. We've also had some good luck fishing 20-35'zone off the drops at the tip of Kibbe point. We've picked up Salmon, browns and steelhead off that point and it makes for a fairly concentrated area to troll. Like the others have mentioned, hardware works but I'd also suggest working sewn on shiners at about 1.2-1.5mph and you're guaranteed to get smacked at some point. Also, if you do go with bait, it can be a challenge to track down but there is a bait and tackle shop hidden back at (I think) the second intersection on the right after you get off I91 heading out to South Hero.