Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone using West Alton Marina this spring?

I know a couple of guys did the spring "fisherman's special" with them last year. Is anyone getting a slip this spring a West Alton Marina? I just called and booked one.

It seems like a very fair deal, ice out to just before Memorial Day Weekend for $200. She said it is usually ice until the derby but given that it is cancelled; she will allow us to stay until just before the holiday weekend.

Re: Anyone using West Alton Marina this spring?

Ryan
I know a couple of guys did the spring "fisherman's special" with them last year. Is anyone getting a slip this spring a West Alton Marina? I just called and booked one.

It seems like a very fair deal, ice out to just before Memorial Day Weekend for $200. She said it is usually ice until the derby but given that it is cancelled; she will allow us to stay until just before the holiday weekend.

It's a good deal, I had my boat there last year until ice was out on on the north end and we brought it to our dock in Blackey Cove, fishing was pretty good on the south end and quite a bit of open water.

I was planning on doing it again this year but Squam may be open by April 1st too or very shortly thereafter and no Derby, so I may just bring it to Squam.

The road in is tough, but I think they put a grader on it once a year.

If ice does not go out early as predicted, I might still put her there for a few weeks

Big John

Re: Anyone using West Alton Marina this spring?

I really like the launch there and will probably use it 3-4 times before Memorial day but when I fish more northern portions, I also hit Shep Browns or even 19 mile. I think even if Ames is open, I would still use West Alton for that part of the lake. Point being it's tough to commit to that one launch unless you exclusively fish south of Welches.

While $200 is a good deal, I think you'd have to launch 15 times out of the marina for it to pay for itself.