Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Dan Hole ?

Does anyone fish this lake?????
I have, once way back, it was such a hassle to get on the water there. One launch if i remember right and it was at a campground or something, I think I had to wait until they opened the office to get to the launch. That was about 10 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. All I know is I never went back because it was a hassle. I was wondering if the situation has changed or improved.

Re: Big Dan Hole ?

I didn't fish it last year, but the year before it was the same.
Cal

It's an absolutley beautiful lake, There MUST be some real nice fish in there. I think because of the launch situation it does't get much action. That camp ground has a pretty good thing going, being the only game in town it can pretty much regulate the fishing pressure. Hard to believe F&G manages it for salmon with limeted access like that!!!! Bet the property owners and the camp ground love it.

I've caught some beutiful salmon out of there, but many a day been skunked also.
Yes no access until the gate keepers at the campground wake up. So don't expect to get the early bite unless you camp there. Also very little parking near the launch and a hefty climb up the road to the upper parking area.
F&G manage it more for brookies. Stocking brookies in 2008 they put in 2,700 1yr, 200 2yr, and 30,000 fingerlings (probably to feed the lakers). They only put in 300 1 yr old salmon.
The water is absolutely clear and I've recorded 133' as the deepest.
Cal

Cal,
Have you ever driven the road that loops around above, over looking the lake?

ilucas
Cal,
Have you ever driven the road that loops around above, over looking the lake?

No because I believe it's all private, although I did trespass once on my snowmobile and sled to go ice fishing.
Cal

Is there a launch fee at
Big Dan Hole ?

J.R.
Is there a launch fee at
Big Dan Hole ?

I think it use to be only $6 or $7.
Haven't fish it for a year.
Cal

that pond brings back bad memories my dad almost drowned there back in the late 60,s 4 of his buddies went trout fishing there in a square bottom alum boat next thing the boat was sinking and my dad could not swim his best friend saved him when i saw that post big dan hole it brought back memories it was great trout fishing back then

Dan hole can also get very rough in a hurry.

ive only ice fished itnear the dam, good hike in with sleds. coldest windiest place ive ever been on earth. LOL. some nice lakers, seen 10 pounders but never got one above maybe 6