Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ettiquette call...what would you do

I agree with LINK. I also think that you have the right of way and they need to move when boats need to go under the bridge.

You did the right thing and gave them the time to reel in. You did much more than when I was fishing at Governors Island bridge one time and a big cruiser went under the bridge at full speed. He docked his boat a short ways off. Everyone had some choice words for him, and he never even looked our way!!!

Salty

You did right. I had to dock at the town docks in Alton bay on saturday, all the docks were busy with fisherman/woman, no place to pull in, I idled for a few moments(couple minutes most) until one yelled out at me, "do you need to dock?" I said yes, he pulled his stuff in and I gave him a big thank you. He continued to fish there, when I was leaving he pulled in his stuff and let me on my way. I would have done the same if I was in his shoes. Common Courtesy rules. I think he lost less than 5 minutes of fishing by being courtieous.

Rick

I think you have an implied right of way, if it were only a couple of guys I never stop at the bridge at Squam, they pull the lines out as soon as they see a boat coming and when they go by they put em right back in. I don't even ask, I just put my way through.

But if they are shoulder to shoulder I'm sure they are reluctant to move (might loose their place) but that thier problem with the other people on the bridge, not yours.

I'll bet they can't swim as fast as your boat.

Big John

Ahh,What was it a bunch of Chinamen? Language barrier?Fish you long time?Do you extend that much courtesy in the trolling lanes?