Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Tessie's" new motor

Its been a few weeks since I posted. In fact a long 3 weeks without fishing. My "new to me" eastern "tessie" needs a new motor. I had hoped to get through the season with the one she came with a 1999 Nissan 90 hP, but after 2 very disappointing voyages, stalling,burping,farting, and everything my mechanic can seem to think of to fix, a new motor is needed. The quest on Craigslist began. Finally I found a 2008 Mercury 115 hp 4 stroke at a very reasonable price....the catch....a trip today to Ellsworth Maine. I've been told its about a 6 hour drive up. I've had many conversations with the man selling it..he's selling all his stuff and retiring to florida. Motor is mint. Ran the serial numbers through mercury's site. it still has 3 years left on warranty. So hopefully after this long, long day on the road... a trip to the boat store tomorrow..I'm hoping Tessie will be up and running by this weekend. Hopefully see you all then. Rick

Re: "Tessie's" new motor

Good luck,safe trip and enjoy the new boat/moter.See you on the water.polebreaker

608 miles round trip. What a nice guy up there in Ellsworth Maine. Perfect transaction. Just got home from dropping motor off at boat store, boat goes over in the morning.

Rick

Good luck with the new motor!!