Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fishing Winni from shore

If I were you, I would drive to the end of the Ames Farm driveway and fish off the big dock on the left. Many salmon and a few rainbows have been taken off that dock over the years. I would use a 61 Sutton spoon or a Gold Castmaster. Let it sink down some after the cast and then jig it as you slowly retieve. Good Luck

You might try the dock at Center Harbor. Best of luck. Cal P.

Go and fish the channel at weirs beach(running water) park at the beach and walk down to the edge by the statue. good luck and Happy Birhtday

Thanks for the great suggestions and best wishes folks. It will be a cold start but that should keep the salmon up around 20' deep I think.

Well Miss Brie, How'd ya make out ???

If no luck from shore, maybe you should re-phrase your request and ask if anyone has an open seat on their boat. Lot's of people here are looking for someone to fish with and share the cost of gas, 20.00 is customary. Every now and then you will see a post looking for a fishing partner for the day, don't be shy.

Big John

John Sampson

If no luck from shore, maybe you should re-phrase your request and ask if anyone has an open seat on their boat. Lot's of people here are looking for someone to fish with and share the cost of gas, 20.00 is customary. Every now and then you will see a post looking for a fishing partner for the day, don't be shy.

Big John

Well, I did not have any success in the spots mentioned but I finally caught a 2 lb. bass on my fly rod after matching the hatch (swept wing caddis)in one of my other favorite places on Lake Opeechee. Minutes later I locked into a huge salmon on same fly who proceeded to jump out of the water and snap my tippet. All this at night in chest waders up to my waist. ou wee - I was happy just for the bite! Will post picture here if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for the tip Big John!

Brie
John Sampson

Big John

Well, I did not have any success in the spots mentioned but I finally caught a 2 lb. bass on my fly rod after matching the hatch (swept wing caddis)in one of my other favorite places on Lake Opeechee. Minutes later I locked into a huge salmon on same fly who proceeded to jump out of the water and snap my tippet. All this at night in chest waders up to my waist. ou wee - I was happy just for the bite! Will post picture here if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for the tip Big John!

Great, glad you didn't give up and were successful in your own spots. Sounds like you had a nice birthday and did it your way. Too bad you didn't land the Salmon, I allways say they are stupid to bite what we present, but once on they sure know how to get off OK

Myself, I dont even own a fly rod, maybe some day, I like trolling fresh or salt.

Big John