Return to Website

South Lancashire Aviation Web Forum

For the disscusion of WW2 related aviation topics in Lancshire, including the old area of Lancashire.

South Lancashire Aviation Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accidents in South Lancashire

Looking for any information on flying accidents etc in South Lancashire.

Regards

Mark

Re: Accidents in South Lancashire

hi mark, have a small photograph of the tail of the hanley page harrow bomber that crashed in halewood near liverpool. but for some reason could not send the email and photo to your email address.

Re: Accidents in South Lancashire

hi mark, hope you got the picture of the tailplane of the harrow bomber. when i called at the halewood park visiters centre four years ago, there was a number of photos of the bomber . but when i went back the other day there was just the small picture of the tail plane. knowsley council must still have the photos though , i hope. i only went to the centre four years ago to research the cheshire lines railway that passed through the area and noticed the photos of the bomber. but looking at your site , i remembered the photos . but have caught the bug now and have been researching the crew on the bomber . the radio operator r.c.j. pilgrim died in may 1940 when his bomber a wellington crashed in france returning from a bombing raid in germany. he and the rest of the crew of that bomber are buried in a local cemtery near rouen.