Douglas coat of arms      

The Douglas Archives Forum

Welcome to our forum, which is for all those seeking information about their Douglas ancestors, or related material.
​​​​​​​Feel free to post a message. Alternatively, visit our Community Network.

16th and 17th century Douglases
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Douglas 1693 - 1726

I have Mary Douglas, b. Nov. 26, 1693 in Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland to William Douglas and Grishild McKean. Married Col. William Crawford in Scotland 1714, removed to colonies by 1723 with entire family. Died 1726 probably in childbirth as last child was born that year.
Have been trying to connect William Douglas (b.abt. 1668 - d. abt. 1745) to the Douglas line with no results. Can anyone help?
The Crawfords are my wife's ancestors and they seem to have married back and forth with the Douglas, Buchanan, Stewart, Livingstone and Crichton families. Plus a few others.

I will appreciate and welcome any help that is available.

Thank you
Reese Spicer
Idaho, USA

Country USA

Re: Mary Douglas 1693 - 1726

The family get a mention here: http://douglashistory.ning.com/profiles/comment/list?attachedToType=User&attachedTo=3ok2uwt7e3av0&page=4 but I dont think that solves the mystery.

Re: Mary Douglas 1693 - 1726

Thank You William, you are right it doesn't solve the mystery completely and seems to confuse the issue. I'm sure the answer is there someplace it just needs to be recognized!

Thanks
Reese Spicer

Country USA