Douglas coat of arms      

The Douglas Archives Forum

Welcome to our forum, which is for all those seeking information about their Douglas ancestors, or related material.
​​​​​​​Feel free to post a message. Alternatively, visit our Community Network.

18th and 19th century Douglases
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adamson family

I have struck the proverbial brick wall with my ancestors. The wall is at "the Avenuehead", Comlongon, birthplace of James [1775], Orme [1772], Robert [1777], William [1774], children of James Adamson and Isabella Boyd. I can find no reference in texts or maps to The Avenuehead, so am finding it difficult to proceed. Perhaps someone may know of such a location. Thanking you in anticipation. John Adamson

Re: Adamson family

We are a bit out of my area of research here, but the search for the Adamson family has been ongoing for some years. They were apparently connected with the tea business.
The Adamsons were very much involved in Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History Antiquarian Society in the 1980s and were still resident at their address in 2004:
Westerlea, Roberts Crescent, Dumfries. Tel. Dumfries (0387) 52930 (That phone number is now outdated)
You are probably aware of this:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=430415.18

William

Country Scotland

Re: Adamson family

Thank you for your reply. I do have information about the family after they left Dumfriesshire. It would appear that any prior link with Comlongon has been lost in the mists of time. Thanks again though.