Douglas coat of arms      

The Douglas Archives Forum

Welcome to our forum, which is for all those seeking information about their Douglas ancestors, or related material.
​​​​​​​Feel free to post a message. Alternatively, visit our Community Network.

Modern Day Douglases
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robert Claude Douglas

Does anyone have any information on Robert Claude Douglas, b. 1898 in Stockport, England, only son of Rev. Robert Douglas who was the 4th son of Rev William Willoughby Douglas of Salwarpe. Claude (as he was known), was educated at Lancing and Sandhurst. For reasons unknown he left the Army. In January 1937 he landed in New York from the SS Bremen and gave as his destination, Palmer College of Chiropractic. He was accompanied on the boat by a French wife, Solange Francoise ? , born in Rouen, aged 29. By 1939 he was practising as a chiropractor in Enfield, Middlesex. I would like to find his wife's maiden name and exact dob, also an other details about Claude inc. death date and place.

Country UK

Re: Robert Claude Douglas

How is your Spanish?
See http://www.turaris.net/ca/publicacions/articles_10/s_biografies_5/robert-claude-gresley-douglas-for-ever-my-love-my-darling_440

Robert married Solange Francoise Marthe Vangrevilinge ( or Van Gravilinge?). I have found no evidence of children.

Country United Kingdom