Return to Website

St Brides Major, Ogmore-by-Sea & Southerndown Community Forum

Please feel free to use this webboard to ask questions or discuss issues which relate to these  villages.  Do not post unauthorised advertisements - these will be deleted without notice. 

Forum: St Brides Major, Ogmore-by-Sea & Southerndown Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: freeview reception

Hello Mike, Ken Burt here,my mum lives down at Pant Close in St Brides Major. Just recently I installed a Freeview box for her which although wasnt great to start with is now working ok. A major improvement was gained when I upgraded the aerial. The problem where my mum is caused by trees and the valley itself but at the moment the service is stable.

My sister lives in Heol St Bridget and has exactly the same box as my mum without a digital aerial and she is fine. Bearing in mind she lives so high up she can recieve 2 digital services, one from Wenvoe (which my mother recieves and which most people in St Brides Major would recieve) and one from Mendip. She can get Mendip because of her height but people in the valley wont be able to. In my experience even if they can there are likely to be some services missing.

So Mike I dont know what part of the village you live in, if your in or around Lon Yr Eglwys / Heol St Bridget or Penyland Road you should find youll get 1 or both services. If you live along Ewenny Road youll probably only get services from Wenvoe. Either way, like my mum you may find youll need an amplifier.

Im not saying your guaranteed a service (even though I work for one of the companies that provide the service). Why not buy a box from say Currys / Dixons and give it a try on your existing aerial. If your not comfortable with this you could borrow a box from a friend or neighbour. As long as they watch Wenvoe you wont need to retune the box.

Let me know how you get on........Cheers Ken

Email  
Re: Re: Re: freeview reception - by Ken Burt - Feb 21, 2006 10:50am
Re: Re: Re: Re: freeview reception - by mike - Mar 20, 2007 5:43pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: freeview reception - by Ken Burt - Mar 21, 2007 9:01am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: freeview reception - by mike - Feb 28, 2008 8:05pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains