Transformers Movie.com

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post up new messages about the upcomming Live Action Movie. Or what ever else.

Transformers Movie.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you think this new movie will kick butt?

I agree with you on this matter. I dont know the comic book as well as the cartoons, however i dare say that there should be some research going into this as to what will sell the movie.....and hence thats what producers want, to smash the box office...So just in case any of them are reading these chats, I would say that it is in the best interest to use the G1 characters and give all of us the chance to show our kids some day what we grew up with...........WOW wasnt that a real george bush speech... Anyways I am definatly hoping like millions of others that this movie is done right. I will personally cheer when see on a fricken huge screen the rumbling of the engine on that red and blue cabover truck as it transforms into the hero that we all grew up with...cheers all and see ya at the screening eventually

Re: Re: Do you think this new movie will kick butt?

The new Transformers movie will be G1-based, but there were several versions of G1. In the United States, the toyline, the TV show (and the Movie), and the comics didn't always agree with each other; in Japan, i know there were some different toys and a lot of different cartoons, and in the UK, i know there were a lot of different comics and some different toys. There might be even more variations that i don't know about.

But i also remember reading that the makers of this new movie will be doing the same as they did for, say, the *X-Men* movies--not trying to duplicate it, but just capture the essence of it. And they're watching a lot of the old cartoons and reading a lot of the old comics in order to do that. i think they've got the right idea for how to approach this project.

P.S.

i don't know the original comics that well, either, and i'm finding that i don't even know the cartoons as well as i thought i did. i encourage you to look for DreamWave Comics' new Transformers G1 graphic novels, though--it's not exactly a retelling, but sort of a continuation.