Transformers Movie.com

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post up new messages about the upcomming Live Action Movie. Or what ever else.

Transformers Movie.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Do you think this new movie will kick butt?

The new Transformers movie will be G1-based, but there were several versions of G1. In the United States, the toyline, the TV show (and the Movie), and the comics didn't always agree with each other; in Japan, i know there were some different toys and a lot of different cartoons, and in the UK, i know there were a lot of different comics and some different toys. There might be even more variations that i don't know about.

But i also remember reading that the makers of this new movie will be doing the same as they did for, say, the *X-Men* movies--not trying to duplicate it, but just capture the essence of it. And they're watching a lot of the old cartoons and reading a lot of the old comics in order to do that. i think they've got the right idea for how to approach this project.

P.S.

i don't know the original comics that well, either, and i'm finding that i don't even know the cartoons as well as i thought i did. i encourage you to look for DreamWave Comics' new Transformers G1 graphic novels, though--it's not exactly a retelling, but sort of a continuation.