Online Bibel Forum
English Home | Other languages
Any questions? Feel free to send us an e-mail: "Contact

Online Bible Forum (European Languages)

Welcom to the Online Bible users Forum!
Please observe the following guidlines when posting a message.
  • No anonymous posts please. You must enter a valid e-mail address.
  • No theology discussions. Topics must be related to the Online Bible software program as presented on www.onlinebible.org

Switch to Dutch forum  - Switch to German forum

Online Bible Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible Android port?

Hi,

This is not a support question, but more of a how can we do this?. I am upgrading from my Windows Mobile phone that just died after 5 years and I really liked the Online Bible program that my old phone ran. Windows Mobile devices are pretty expensive while Android/Linux devices are a bit cheaper and showing up in more kinds of devices.

I understand that there is no Android/Linux port for Online Bible planned, but I would love to take a look at how hard that might be to do myself. I have 20 years of software development experience so I know this is not a simple task, but lots of work. In order to even consider trying, I would have to get the file formats used in the existing program.

Are the file formats available someplace?

Thanks!

Bob D

Re: Possible Android port?

Fileformats are not available. I understand that the programmer is waiting for the release of a code-converter, which makes it possible to convert the Pocket PC-code to code for Android. If that works it makes sense to develope an UI for Android. If this ever happens it will take at least a year.

What news can you give us about OnlineBible for Android? When will be possible to use OnlineBible on Android?

God bless you!

I think it would be worth while looking at Mosync (http://www.mosync.com/). This is a development tool for multiple mobile platforms (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone) and offers a free developer license. Code can be written in Java or C++.