Tennis Ministry Bulletin Board

Please keep your comments on tennis or your faith. Bulletins are reviewed and may be deleted.

Tennis Ministry Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
College Coach in Maryland

I am a college coach in Maryland. Is there anyone out there who can help me with my players? I am so disappoionted with the way kids today have absolutley no respect for themselves! This is terrible. I would give anything to be able to recruit Christian players who at least would try to live a responsible life. So many people are out to ruin a good thing.

Tennis in college can be such a positive situation. I have started to lose my ability to have patience and I could use some fellowship. The problem is that there is nowhere to turn! Is anybody out there who can help me. I am feeling lonely and frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. I love kids, but I need some support. I am going nuts!

Please pray for me and thank you for listening. I am grateful for this tennisministry.com messageboard. Hopefully, someone will spend some time with me. I am becoming depressed and need someone to talk to before I quit my job.

I am not perfect. I am a Christian. Please, tennis coaches, are you out there with support? What do you do in my situation with players who refuse to have committment to themselves and their team? How do you handle players who sabatage themselves and the team?

We are all on the same planet and in the same situation in life. We all need God. We all need support. Why try to be hurtful to something that is so helpful to so many!

Lack of Committment

I was in your shoes about 4 years back. I was recently divorced by my husband and had only 4 members left on my team. I wanted to quit, but felt God had put me there for a reason. In 2002 spring competition, I had both men's and women's teams go undefeated in conference, reach the finals of regionals and took the men to the national championship. God stayed with me and helped me build a place to serve him. May he bless you also.

Coach Hilsabeck

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am a college coach in Maryland. Is there anyone out there who can help me with my players? I am so disappoionted with the way kids today have absolutley no respect for themselves! This is terrible. I would give anything to be able to recruit Christian players who at least would try to live a responsible life. So many people are out to ruin a good thing.

Tennis in college can be such a positive situation. I have started to lose my ability to have patience and I could use some fellowship. The problem is that there is nowhere to turn! Is anybody out there who can help me. I am feeling lonely and frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. I love kids, but I need some support. I am going nuts!

Please pray for me and thank you for listening. I am grateful for this tennisministry.com messageboard. Hopefully, someone will spend some time with me. I am becoming depressed and need someone to talk to before I quit my job.

I am not perfect. I am a Christian. Please, tennis coaches, are you out there with support? What do you do in my situation with players who refuse to have committment to themselves and their team? How do you handle players who sabatage themselves and the team?

We are all on the same planet and in the same situation in life. We all need God. We all need support. Why try to be hurtful to something that is so helpful to so many!

Re: College Coach in Maryland

I have found my kids behave differently when I pray with them. Some of them won't want to, offer them a chance to leave,then pray with the ones left. Pray that their anxieties are lessoned, pray for them to have courage and strength and for them to have power to control themselves under all circumstances on the court. I have coached male teams for years now and have found that after offering a prayer for them, the attitudes change.

Good luck, Coach Hilsabeck

Replying to:

You are not alone. I have been thinking about you since you posted this message. I will follow this up with additional message later. Please contact me at my email address for a confidential reply. Blessings, Rev. Bob Kraft, Director

Replying to:

Time of message?

Just curious, but wasn't this message a couple of months ago?How did it get to the top of the board? Is there a new system?

Replying to:

I know how you are feeling. I am a college coach as well. The thing that keeps me going is that in these situations I have come to the conclusion that this is where the job starts. It does not start with tennis or wins but it starts with lives. Times like these are what makes our jobs important. If it where easy everyone would do it. The biggest thing keeping this boat on a straight course is that my priorities set the kid first. We, as coaches, set the environment in our program. What we stand for if you will. You know the Bible talks about leading up a child in a way that is right and in the end they will not turn from it. Think about that. In the end... This implies that the child will come back to the way that is right, not that they will be perfect while they are in your care. The IMPORTANT thing is to create and environment that will teach directly and indirectly that right way. In other words it all starts with you. STAY STRONG. You will be in my prayers. Feel free to e-mail or call me at 318-257-4111.

Hi there College Coach in Maryland,

I just wanted to say hand in there. I have got to run, but wanted to answer so you know that youi can writet to me or call me. Please write me an e-mail with your phone number, so I can call you and we can talk. I am a colleg coach as well and also a club pro.

In Christ

Ken de Koning

His servant and yours

Replying to: