Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a horrible awakening

i had spent the long night faithfully seated in the oil chair till dawn. upon leaving the torturous chair at the end of another graveyard shift, i returned to my inviting bed for a bit of rest. upon awakening i stumbled to the kitchen where i found a spot of java to bring myself back to life. sleepy still, eyes half open i fell onto the sofa to drink my coffee and watch a bit of TV. Grabbing the remote control i punched the power button. in a few brief seconds the most horrible sound came streaming out of the TV speakers. i dropped my coffee as i clutched to cover my ears. i was half asleep, but now i was shocked into full awareness. good god, what a way to start the day.... there are over 100 channels on the TV and i had to click the power button and the sheep singers.... the Bee Gees just happen to be there doing some concert somewhere. i don't care where or when.... this huge screen behind them showed scenes from the movie "Grease". i thought to myself.... christ, if i had my choice of 15 minutes of this or 120 days in the oil chair...... ehhhh... can i at least wear my house shoes???