Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
visiting madame tussauds

A VISIT AT MADAME TUSSAUDS

a friend of mine asked me to get hold of a certain picture which he had puchased more than 20 years ago and which was going to suffer by its age. and as i was flying to london anyway i promised to look after what he desired. i passed madame tussauds in a taxi and saw a long cue of waiting people who all wanted to see the wax museum. to make my way into the museum short i passed the waiting cue and the ticket box and spoke directly to the reception man in a beautiful uniform who controlled the tickets at the entrance.

"pardon me, sir, i am looking for a picture which must be in your museum. you can see a man with a hanging rod in his hand and the deliquent is just getting up from his chair to follow the invitation getting executed. beside him a woman with a white pot hat is sitting on a chair concentrating herself on a cut off head on her knees in order to clean it. can you tell me where i can find the picture?" the door man was certainly used to hear strange stories from visitors but this time he looked at me with big eyes and said if i could repeat what i was searching for.

"of course, it's my pleasure, sir", i continued and started again: "the scene is in a cellar or maybe dungeon. you see a man from behind with a hanging rod in his hand. he is bowing a bit forward towards someone sitting in a chair. this deliquent seems having difficulties to get up from it following the gentle and inviting guesture of his executer. to his left a young woman is sitting also on a chair. she has a head on her knees upside down and with a spoon she is taking out the inside from the head if i am interpretating the scene right. anyway, the picture is covering a whole wall of a restaurant which is highly frequented by hungry guests who love to eat there and spend their happy days."

the door man made a move with his head proving if it is still on. then he said to me: "please come in, sir, and when you have found the diapositive come back and tell me where it is, will you?"

back in cologne my friend asked me if i had found the diapositive. shaking my head as a kind of excuse i remarked that i din't find it anymore there. the bristish sense of humour must have changed with the years."