Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Bastard Oilman

I pull into a fueling station one day and witness a man yelling to the guy at the next pump about the price of gas as he's topping off his gas guzzlin' SUV. So I stroll over to the guy spitting fire from his mouth and ask, "So sir.... how many miles to a gallon do you get in this rather large vehicle?" He says, "Only 10 miles to a damn gallon, the God damn thing!!" "Gee", I say. "You know a few years ago I warned my friends about all this... that the party would not last forever and like you they went out and bought one of these monsters that drink gas like it's water. They don't talk to me much anymore... ya see I work for an oil Co. and it's all my fault." "You bastard!", he screams. "You are one of them screwing up everything!" "Indeed, sir... indeed Iam, but ya notice I'm filling up too. Of course you could always get even with them nasty Oil Cos. You could trade that SUV in on a donkey. Of course the animal right activists see you riding a donkey down the freeway on a hot summer afternoon will have you arrested for animal cruelty and the EPA when the jackass shits in the road will site you for penalties when those nasty gas emissions get released. Oh, and then the cop will pull you over for driving without your saftey sticker,tags, lack of working turn signals and littering when the donkey deposits its load on the blacktop, but other than that, you won't be getting screwed anymore by those Oil Co. bastards like me..."