Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
The Rights of a Suffering Man

What gives me the right to insult Grand Funk Railroad is this:

I once worked at a warehouse (for one week) at which, every Friday the workers received their paychecks, ran out to the parking lot to buy beer at the convenience store across the street (Texas Pride and Black Label brand, which - to those who don't know, costs next to nothing and tastes like salt and moldy seltzer), then they would guzzle their horrible beer and play Grand Funk Railroad songs as loud as their car stereos could manage. Now if YOU ever had to witness the sad, sorry spectacle of a bunch of drunken redneck Texans pissed out of their heads on cheap beer and jostling one another, lining up to sing along with "I'm Your Captain" and "We're an American Band" - punctuated with raised fists and shouts of "Wooooooooo!" and "PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" - not to mention the fact that all of these guys were unabashed Reaganites and four of them proudly displayed swastika tatoos on their forearms (one had a swastika with the words "White Power" written in fake old Germanic script underneath) - why, if you ever had to see such a sorry sight, I'd say that you've damned well earned the right to criticize Grand Funk Railroad (one of the guys in that band is now in a militia group and undoubtedly has a swastika tatoo, which must bring him closer to his audience).

Re: The Rights of a Suffering Man

Ha! Gotcha! You said you only worked there for a week. Perhaps the other Friday nights those "Reganites" as you call them (they are likely "Bushoids" now) sat in a circle holding hands and reading passages from the bible....... ooops, that's just as bad isn't it?............ Get a haircut!!