Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An American fiction

I went to lunch at Mouras Lebanese Cafe and dropped off a bag of limes for Moura freshly picked off my tree. Mouras Cafe had been closed for a couple weeks as Moura and Samir were back in Lebanon taking care of family business. All her loyal customers were starving in her absence. We were all very happy to see her back again. Moura always gives me enough food to take care of the next day too and she is also known to feed the tattered and homeless guy who stops by her door, the same guy I've seen living in a cardboard box along side the railroad tracks with a shopping cart with all his belongings. Tasty grape leaves, taboulleh, rice filled cabbage rolls and stuffed zuccinis, home made baklava, hummus and eggplant babaganoush, yummm! Some of Mouras customers after their meals like to read the grounds of thick Lebanese coffee that remains in their empty cups, a small comfort in search of an edge in these uncertain and troubled times. Who would have known that the FBI would be paying Moura a visit this day? Something about a photograph taken of the World Trace Center and another one of the Pentagon and nevermind the fact that while Moura is a christian, not that its really anybody's business but that part of her name also contains a muslim name. Just a few things the FBI felt significant and a little suspicious while casting their nets very wide. Some things to know to give us confidence, for the future.

Some things the coffee grounds did not predict. A true story.

Re: An American fiction

FBI Director Robert S. Mueller asked for the public to "study closely the images of the anthrax envelopes which we released last month ... and determine if you know who was the writer of those envelopes. And by those I mean comparing the handwriting on it to any handwriting you may be able to recognize."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I went to lunch at Mouras Lebanese Cafe and dropped off a bag of limes for Moura freshly picked off my tree. Mouras Cafe had been closed for a couple weeks as Moura and Samir were back in Lebanon taking care of family business. All her loyal customers were starving in her absence. We were all very happy to see her back again. Moura always gives me enough food to take care of the next day too and she is also known to feed the tattered and homeless guy who stops by her door, the same guy I've seen living in a cardboard box along side the railroad tracks with a shopping cart with all his belongings. Tasty grape leaves, taboulleh, rice filled cabbage rolls and stuffed zuccinis, home made baklava, hummus and eggplant babaganoush, yummm! Some of Mouras customers after their meals like to read the grounds of thick Lebanese coffee that remains in their empty cups, a small comfort in search of an edge in these uncertain and troubled times. Who would have known that the FBI would be paying Moura a visit this day? Something about a photograph taken of the World Trace Center and another one of the Pentagon and nevermind the fact that while Moura is a christian, not that its really anybody's business but that part of her name also contains a muslim name. Just a few things the FBI felt significant and a little suspicious while casting their nets very wide. Some things to know to give us confidence, for the future.

Some things the coffee grounds did not predict. A true story.