Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why, dear boy, doncha understand capitalism?

The best and easiest way of finding PERSIAN LOVE, in my experience anyway, was at a Perisan whorehouse I once visited with Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. My dear sir, you WILL have to consider buying because exotic delights are NOT CHEAP. (Fortunately for me, Howard Hughes was paying my bill).

The easiest way to find MOVIES are:

1) Turn on your television receiver

2) Attend your local cinema

If you chose option 2, you will have to consider buying. If you feel that the MOVIES are too pricey, demand that your local cinema take Czukay dollars.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

For a long time I used to listen to "Persian love" first thing in the morning religiously after waking up with the early sun filtering in through the windows before going off to school. The vocals are mysterious and haunting and would send a pleasurable chill up my spine. One night a friend and I were taking a stroll in the evening and we passed by a restaraunt called "Colbeh" where we heard live music being performed inside so we went in to check it out. There was a live band performing Persian music with a long table of diners in front celebrating and having a great time singing along to the familiar songs to their ears with a female dancer swirling around in her gold finery, but the best part was an older gentleman with a white beard who would stand up with glass in hand and sing in that mysterious yoddeling style. It gave me goose bumps so I stayed a while listening and dining myself on luscious and sweet honey soaked pastries.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Holger, I just read the article in Granta by Alan Warner and I

am enchanted. Where is the best and EASIEST way of finding

PERSIAN LOVE or MOVIES (for starters) -- I would even consider

buying if not too pricey. I'm in Toronto. cbishop@interlog.com

p.s. The article is listed in "Seven Short Pieces", below

the main index of the recent Music issue of Granta.