Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Music is boring

I wouldn't disagree with that but also it seems this kind of music that once would be considered 'underground','weird',

'far-out', 'industrial', 'trancey' , they've been

assimilated , degenerated or almost being flattened as

they becoming mainstream in their character or more

commercial pop 'dancefloor' music . Or it seems also being

returned in 'mass corporated' dancefloor music two decades

ago, only with better computer mix/production sound .

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You disagree? Then take a listen to the blizzard of rubbish available on the radio and TV, in the press and on CD. Anything even half-way decent gets buried under this pile of mush. A pox on marketers. Bah! Humbug!!!

Re: Re: Music is boring

About boring music I might add there is some amount from it that isnt so exciting . Or especially some classical-avant garde no more tastefull from a dish with peels from pinetree with resin sauce and small pieces from corks [or paper too ]. Even putting on some real sauce over that dish would not make it necessarily more tasty .

Also hearing some - new age type - easy listening music doesnt impress me more than an aromatic lavender [or lemon] disinfectant odour inside cloth department of a multistore - nothing more impressive than that - and of course the correspodent muzical accompaniment .

The same criticism goes also for the orchestrated adaptation for some tunes [ Moonriver for instance] listening to public areas - or even busses - as you have the same temper hearing that , like you are cleaning dishes or polishing glasses inside the kitchen of a big restaurant in the skycraper of a big shopping mall in a big city - like Manhattan for instance - some time ago , just before evening . Music for cleaning dishes and polishing glasses at least ! Or the same washy and uninterested as that ! And with a set of chip glasses that accompany some detergents with a disc also including adaptations from known song/tunes ...

Replying to:

I wouldn't disagree with that but also it seems this kind of music that once would be considered 'underground','weird',

'far-out', 'industrial', 'trancey' , they've been

assimilated , degenerated or almost being flattened as

they becoming mainstream in their character or more

commercial pop 'dancefloor' music . Or it seems also being

returned in 'mass corporated' dancefloor music two decades

ago, only with better computer mix/production sound .

Replying to:

You disagree? Then take a listen to the blizzard of rubbish available on the radio and TV, in the press and on CD. Anything even half-way decent gets buried under this pile of mush. A pox on marketers. Bah! Humbug!!!

Re: Music is boring

You only think music is boring because you obviously never spent time at the Horst und Renate bar off the Reeperbahn, because if you had - well, you would've been thrilled to hear a drunken Horst serenading Holger and Su(gar) by singing into a vodka bottle as a substitute for a microphone. I think it was an Italian song, but I could be wrong.

At some point that evening Holger said to me, "I hate music." For the life of me, i can't honestly recall if this was before or after Horst's performance.

This is a true story. Why don't you believe me? Ask Holger if you don't. I pay him 20.000 Euros a week to confirm all of my stories.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Music is boring

True story!!? Holger never excepts less than 30, 000 from me so I don't believe you!

Replying to:

You only think music is boring because you obviously never spent time at the Horst und Renate bar off the Reeperbahn, because if you had - well, you would've been thrilled to hear a drunken Horst serenading Holger and Su(gar) by singing into a vodka bottle as a substitute for a microphone. I think it was an Italian song, but I could be wrong.

At some point that evening Holger said to me, "I hate music." For the life of me, i can't honestly recall if this was before or after Horst's performance.

This is a true story. Why don't you believe me? Ask Holger if you don't. I pay him 20.000 Euros a week to confirm all of my stories.

Replying to:

Czukay Dollars Are The Future!

Well, I pay him in Czukay dollars - the currency of the future, and next in line when the Euro inevitably fails. Soon kids from Budapest to Calais will be clutching banknotes with Holger's picture on them, waving them in the face of the ice cream man. Just wait and see.

Holger is very flattered to recieve money from me with his own picture on it. That way he can buy lots of copies of his own CDs.

Another true story: I once tried to order CDs from Stockhausen Verlag by paying in Czukay Dollars. I'm still waiting for my package to arrive, Herr Stockhausen ... where is it?! Did you spend those Czukay Dollars all in one place?