Return to Website

writing invitation

quite some stories have already found their way into this writing forum. do not hesitate to activate your keyboard and keep us stunningly gazing on the screen.

writing invitation
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boat Woman

I spent 2 months shooting a video in a displaced afro-community town in the Colombian Pacific cost. It is about this beautiful woman who is found dead on the beach and then her spirit is carried away with her house (literally speaking). The house is taken around the town where everyone shouts 'take that house away' (the woman is a victim displaced due to a war).
Eventually after a look alike procession around the town, the house is taken to the sea where it disappears floating in the distance. Astonishing images, actors made on the spot, script written along the way... experimental.
On the airplane back to London, by chance, I listened to Boat-Woman and played alongside some of the footage, it cannot be more poetic and sad, just the feeling I want for the sound of this piece. My original idea is to collaborate with a musician for the sound of this film... but some things are by chance i.e.: the title of the song, 'Boat woman'... the spirit of a woman disappearing into the sea...Any way... to the point: Would you be interested in seeing some raw footage which I will start editing soon? Perhaps you will let me use this beautiful piece of music/sound? or even more... to collaborate on a new piece? What do you think?