Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Going to have a nervous breakdown!

Hi Lisa, so sorry you are going through this, to some degree I completely understand. One thing that jumps out at me is that it sounds like your daughter might be picking up some of his habits already, in that she tells him she hates him and wishes she had a new father. Although it is probably warranted, that isn't typical behavior for an 8 year old and could be quite hurtful to someone more sensitive. The point I am trying to make is it might give you strength to realize that this situation is probably doing permanent damage to her and she might be better off if the two of you were living in a small, peaceful environment without him; regardless of the financial situation. You can find a job; it might not be the greatest but at least you'll be free! I know its hard when you become dependent on someone else and they provide a decent lifestyle-everyone around comes to depend on it-but ask yourself "what do I need"? It often doesn't boil down to much. If he gets her on the periodic weekend you might just have to have faith that it will all be OK, at least he's not affecting her daily! Sorry for the long reply, funny how its so much easier to see through someone else's dilemma than your own! Good luck!

Put him out. Don’t leave. Have a temporary order for spousal support and temporary custody in place as well as a petition to maintain the family residence with your child. Get yourself a good divorce attorney now. Ask around from other females in your area who got favorable outcomes and their attorneys names. A good attorney will get you spousal support, and child support
As well as keep you in the family home until a judges final ruling.

Do you have any savings in a joint account that you could take to live on for awhile?

My ex was verbally and emotionally abusive

He lied about his finances and even though the divorce decree said joint custody he never had them live with him

Can you afford a small efficiency apartment for your daughter and yourself and then sell the home and split any profit

Could you stay separated until he would agree to sit down and agree to the terms of a divorce decree?

Maybe if you are separated there would be no court telling you how often or if he could have unsupervised vuditstion