Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm thinking about asking for a divorce

What kind of things do you ask for that he says no to? Why do you need to ask permission anyway? As you say, he is not your dad. Why not just say this is what you are doing, or just do what it is you want? Please share a few details about what it is you want that he is stopping you from getting (and how he stops you). Everyone is entitled to pursue their dreams. We might be able to help.

Hi Tator tot, boy can I relate! And yes it is exhausting and demeaning. My husband always has wads of cash in his wallet, buys whatever he wants but gives me $40.00-$60.00 a week for all my purchases (and "don't use the credit card or the debit card"). Mind you I make almost $30.00 an hour and he makes 6 figures, yet I live like I'm a pauper. I wouldn't mind if we were saving scads of cash-that is definately not happening. My spouse has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in the stock market or just spent it (he has a plane, a boat, motorcycle, two cars, an RV, guns, tools....it goes on and on). Anyway, it is life sucking and I wish I had left years ago. Now we live 2,000 miles away from "home" and with 3 dogs it is unlikely I can find a rental back there. My advice, get out while you can still make a decision; eventually you lose all ability to make the simplest decision. Good luck.

I can relate! This used to happen with me. $40 a week and I was making $35 an hour. It only gets worse. I wish I would have gotten out sooner, but it’s easier said than done. Presently my job was dissolved and I’m getting unemployment but it’s not enough for my car, insurance etc. He offers no support whatsoever but now that his dad has dementia he’s wanting to pay for everything. I’m feeling bad but I just can’t take it. I’m not living like a paper so he can care for his dad. It’s scary but I am pursuing an attorney and I need a very tough one because he will fight me every step of the way.

I so get it! Mines so controlling. Hes bipolar and doesn’t take his meds also a narcissist. I want out so bad but don’t want to be homeless. I have a good job but also a few years ago my job was dissolved and my unemployment wasn’t enough to cover my bills. Now my credit isn’t great so how would I buy another home? He has a good job and a lot in retirement so I guess there’s that. I don’t know I just feel stuck and don’t know how the process works.