Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: love does not seek its own

Well, one of my favorite jokes (although I am sure the words are not quite right)...a Christian family was in a flood. Someone came in a boat to help them to safety and they said no, God will take care of them. The flood water rose, they were on the top floor. Another boat came by to take them to safety and they said no, God will take care of them. The floods got higher, they were on the roof. A helicopter came to take them to safety, but they said no, God will save them. The waters rose and they drowned. At heavens gate, they complained that they had faith in God, why didn't He save them, and they were told He sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what more did they want? In other words, YES, God will help you, support you, but DO for yourself, take action where you can, life is not a spectator sport, take the action, trust that God is on your side. If the alimony he is offering is reasonable, than accept it. If you want to fight out of revenge...don't. If you fight for fairness...then do what you need to. Christ can meet your needs but you have to do your part as well. Good luck.

I agree with the other women as well. During my divorce I asked Christ to help me know when I was to fight for what was fair and when to accept what was meant to be and trust in him for the rest. Christians, as well as anyone, have to pick and choose their battles, not just give in to injustices. Christ took the small lunch of bread and fish that a boy offered and turned it into a meal for hundreds...the boy first gave all he had and then Christ did the rest. Just do it in fairness and with faith. God did not create us to live as doormats for the selfishness of others. We are to stand for what is right and just when needed.

Susan

Strongspirit101.... you rock girl! I just loved what you said. I could not have said it any better.

I absolutely agree! Pay attention to all of the symbolic happenings around you, even the happenstances that occur each day. They truly can uplift a broken spirit & guide you to have faith when you feel you are unable.
~Nature's message was always there and for us to see. It was written on the wings of butterflies~