Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
husband won't sign separation agreement

Help...my husband & I have agreed to separate, but now he won't sign the separation agreement my attorney prepared. He makes a very modest income and now has the attitude that since he was the "provider" for the family and I just stayed home and took care of the kids, that I am not technically entitled to any of the money. Can I leave our house and still be entitled to half of the equity in the home and spousal/child support payments if we don't have an agreement signed first? My attorney advised me to stay until he signs, but I'm completely miserable and I hate to prolong this mess any longer and have our kids exposed to our unhappy marriage and heated arguments. My attorney is out of town this week and I would love to put a deposit on an apartment that just came available. Can I do that without him coming back later and saying that I deserted him? We live in Virginia.

Re: husband won't sign separation agreement

My advise is to stay put and follow the instructions of your lawyer.

Re: husband won't sign separation agreement

I know how hard this is. My husband agreed to a marriage settlement Agreement and then backed out. I know you have made the decision and now want to move forward, but I would advice waiting for your attorney. Patience on your part will be key. And, don't play into him-rise above it. You will prevail and it will happen.