Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I have to pay HIM spousal support??

I was in the same situation as you are in and glad that I no longer have to pay HIM spousal support. His name is lazyman. I supported him while we were married and worked my you know what off taking care of the kids, the home and working, he barely could hold a job and tv watching is his specialty. At the time of the divorce we were married 23 or 24 years.
I always said that if I had it to do over again I would have just left, disappeared, got a job somewhere else and started a new life, but the divorce process was already underway and I already had the court order to pay him. He fought the divorce for 3 years and tens of thousands of dollars later and dozens of court appearances and a divorce trial I got a divorce....YIPPEE. The best thing I ever did was to shed that leach.
You will probably have to pay him for sometime, mine figured out a way to refinance the house, without a job,(I think it was because the equity in the house was so high and the loan he took out was very low) and I gave him all of the equity in the house to avoid having to pay him for life. If I would not have given him this equity I would still be paying him.
Women paying support is not as rare as you may think, there have been a few women come and go on this site that have had to do it, but it is way more common for the oposite to occur.
Paying spousal support is very easy to understand, the person who has been paying for most things in a long term marriage will continue to pay for most things, this could be the husband or it could be the wife. I feel for you and know how hard it is to accept that you thought leaving him would end your supporting him, leaches always figure out a way to screw you up.
Just be thankful that you are also not paying child support when you have two of the kids and he has one. This is also going to end within the next year.....another YIPPEE.
Good luck