Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not sure if I want a divorce-Help

Julie,

No we did not have kids and it was heartbreaking enough as it was without kids. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.....maybe one of the other ladies out there is more able to shed some light on that area.

I too have had some passed issues that I've had to deal with which I've been getting counciling for and this has been going on for a number of years. I think it was Strongspirit101 who said that we need to look within not without for love and acceptance. I'm trying to do that at the moment. Although I don't have regrets about the divorce, it has been a long, painful road but I feel like I'm getting stronger now. No I haven't fallen madly in love, I want to eventually but I want to heal first and I truly think loving ourselves must come first before we can honestly love another.

Perhads try the counciling first; and if finances allow, what about a weekend away on your own. A clear head would help at this uncertain time. Stay well, and look after yourself.

Re: Not sure if I want a divorce-Help

Thanks Daniella and Strongspirit for you advice. Perhaps I do need to heal inside first before I can make any decisions. I think a trial separation is a very good idea. I also think it is the only way I will be able to grow from within as you put it and heal. I have a lot of guilt, anxiety, and saddness right now. I really think some time alone is what I may need to clear my head and make a consciouse decision that is responsible. Thanks ladies for all your help!