Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not sure what to expect next???

Your soon to be ex seems very manipulative & controlling. I would recommend maintaining clear boundaries with him. Engaging any of the behavior provides him a secondary gain & is counterproductive. You can be kind & tactful yet direct about informing him that your personal life isn't his business or something you are going to discuss with him. If he continues to harass you reiterate the noted & don't engage him. I would also change the locks in your house. It may not be legal to do so if the house is in his name also, but once the house is in your sister's name I would immediately do so. Document & record the harassment if it continues for your own protection & for further reference if he continues to file false charges. You can't control what he says to others but in the grand scheme of things you know the kind of person you are as does, I am sure the loved ones in your life, which is all that matters. Keep your chin up, often with time things do get better. It sounds like you have good friends & family in your life, which means everything!

I agree completely with Sue. I have a friend going through a similar situation and she has had to go to court numerous times with her ex on many of the same issues. Right now her ex has a no contact order against him for her and the kids. I hope you won't need that, but document everything and maybe consult a lawyer. God bless!

thanks, for the input. I do try to keep contact to a minimum. Last I have heard from him was about a week ago, he was texting me about some paper that my daughter left up at his house while she was visiting. He wanted to bring it to the house, I told him no to mail it. He kept going on about how he can bring it to me. I told him that he was bothering me. Just a few days before he had accused me of bothering him all the time. when he is the one that contacts me. So I guess when I told or reminded him that he was bothering me he has left me alone.

Today we had court. We didnt get the entire hearing in today and we go back in Oct.