Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling alone

I have wanted this divorce for years! Finally got the courage to do it! Have been dealing with emotional abuse for years. Now after 22 years of marriage - I feel so alone. I have 13 yo and 9 yo boys that he is turning against me.

Re: Feeling alone

Give yourself time. Do volunteer work in your spare time to keep your mind occupied so you don't dwell on the bad feelings. I am sorry about your kids, try to talk with them openly and honestly, and encourage them to do the same. Remember to not attack their father, just listen to them and address their concerns with you (which I am guessing come up from what their dad is saying). I am not divorced yet and we live in the same house (he is in basement, refuses to leave/grant divorce) and it's so hard to do this I know, and I have the constant reminder of seeing him everyday and it has taken all I can give to separate myself from this and BE HAPPY no matter what. Resolve to have a good day no matter what anyone does or says. If your kids say or do things you feel is coming from your ex, don't be afraid to address it head on. You can do all of this in a calm way from a place of love. It takes practice and lots of praying and some days when you just want to be alone and not deal with it and that's OK. Don't worry that you made a mistake by ending the marriage (don't know if you do or not, but it certainty crosses my mind). You did the right thing. And you'll find a way to navigate this new territory.

Re: Feeling alone

Please be strong. I was in the same situation for almost 20 years. I am lucky that my children were completely supportive of me but that is because he was so mean and controlling with them also. You can talk to me if you need to. I feel compelled to help other women going through divorce.