Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help

I have been reading and reading these posts, all the while crying nonstop for 3 weeks that seriously hard ugly cry that comes with total devastation...the same as I am doing right now. My husband of over 20 years has just left me (3 weeks ago) for another woman who he has known for 2 months and I just found out today that they are moving in together 8 miles away from the house where I still live and shared with him for over a decade. This is LITERALLY the worst day of my life, I cannot even express it properly. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say, I don't know where my place is in this world anymore. It's so bad for me I made an appointment to see a therapist next week. Ladies, I'm begging you...pleeease tell me this gets better. Please.

Re: help

It does...but it is a year by year, month by month, day by day, hour by hour, healing. It comes with time and learning how to deal with all the emotions one feels as their life falls into little pieces. You want to wish it all away, but you can't ...There is no getting around something like this...We all have to accept that the only way to get to the other side is to go through it...but remember, there is another side to get to and you will look back someday and see it was worth it to let go of a cheater. I was married for 20 years before he left for someone 15 years younger than he and myself. He only lives with her about 3 miles from my home that we shared. In time, you will not believe me when I tell you this, but it becomes a blessing when you look back without all the love and pain and see that you really left NOTHING behind. They truly are not worth all the heartache they cause. I was exactly where you were about 5 years ago... I was sad, hurt, empty, angry, lost, in shock, stressed, depressed, etc....but after the first few months you start to deal with all these feelings and in time you get right back where you were only without a lying, cheating selfish person poisoning whatever joys and blessings that await ahead for you.

Susan... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .....

Re: help

My heart totally goes out for you. And honestly it really does get better. I came on this forum looking to help women who are going through a divorce. I have been through it and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. My situation was not like your as neither of us had somebody else involved but nevertheless divorce is not easy. Be true to youself and let him go. It is not easy but you deserve better then the way you are being treated. I can be here to talk to if you want. BE STRONG.