Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pause the tears

Pets are great. When the boys and I were going through the divorce we bought this little black toy poodle that was only 2 pounds. We picked him out together and named him Doodle the Poodle...the boys did that. He is now full grown and weights 5 pounds, but he is 5 pounds of love, loyalty, comfort, and bouncing fun. He brought us through all our tears and heartaches by snuggling and just letting us love him as well. He is a little fluffy ball of fur who also plays and sleeps with the two cats we have...in fact, he thinks he is a cat. These animals that we got during the divorce really loved and comforted the boys and I through it all. They still do. Divorce shatters all faith and trust in people at times, but getting unconditional love brings all that faith and trust back.

Susan

I to need the help and incouragement of others..I do get most of my strength from God..But i need to know how to handle the boardem and lonely nights and days. i try to keep myself busy but there is only so much you can do...and how much cleanning can you do in one day...glad to know that there are others with the same .

I am used to lonely nights. I was always alone. I miss laughing. I do have joy in my life don't get me wrong. But there is always that heaviness that sits on my shoulders.
It is amazing how many times you can wipe a kitchen counter that isn't dirty!

Books!! Reading is the greatest escape, you can time travel, be in a different city/state/country...be someone else... I LOVE reading all kinds of books, so many great stories out there. The time passes so fast (as much as I love it, it's my biggest time waster), so if you want to get through some lonely hours until you fall into blissful sleep, I highly recommend getting some fun books. If you tell us the kinds of things you are interested in reading, I am sure a few of us could recommend some nice ones. Think I'm going to go grab one now...

I have managed to read every book my Nicholas Sparks THe Twlight Series and The Sookie Series since I booted my ex out. I love to read as well
That and going back to work...the only down fall of being single again lol