Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
daughters wedding, jerk is coming

Havent talked to or seen my husband of 34 yrs since May. He filed in July. He wont talk to me at all. Our daughter is getting married next week. I was hoping he wouldnt even show up. But I just found out he is coming. Having not seen or talked to him, I am so nervous about seeing him for the first time at her wedding. He has been very cruel since he filed, told many hurtful lies. And some of them I can never forgive. These emotions are so intense. One moment I just hate him, the next I feel sorry for him, because I am sure he has mental problems. Which he refused to get help for , for ever. Any advice on how to handle the wedding situation, I really want to be happy for my girl.

Re: daughters wedding, jerk is coming

If I were you ... I would hold my head up HIGH. As HIGH as it will go! Smile, allot! Believe it or not but smiling even when you don't want to smile makes you feel happy inside. SIMLE! Mingle with others and ignore him. If he waves or says hello, say hello in return and busy yourself with something else as quickly as you can. Do exactly the opposite of what he expects. Be nice and cordial for the wedding and I'm sure there will be photos...put on a big smile and chat away with others! Don't let him know how much he has hurt you. Good Luck! Oh, look your best also!

Re: daughters wedding, jerk is coming

Thanks that was kind of my plan. Have to make it good for her. He has made her and all of us so upset, seems so unfair. Just hope I can pull it off.