Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: don't wanna come out of this broke

So true, ld. My ex wanted all he could get and would lie to get it all. When I had my own lawyer I felt more at ease to talk to her. But then again what a difference there was between my first and my second lawyer as well. I was lucky to be able to afford a lawyer at the time. My ex keeps coming back, but he knows he will always get something because I can't afford to fight all his demands anymore. I never once took my ex back to court. He was the one to always come at me and I would fight back....I wish I had an ex who would just leave me alone.

SUSAN-Re: don't wanna come out of this broke

You mean your exis still bringing you back to court even after the settlement anddecree? God, that would be a nightmare if my ex ever figured out he could do this.
As far as I am concerned my ex is dead, it must be hard for you to have to continue to deal with him,,,,,yukky

SUSAN-Re: don't wanna come out of this broke

Yes, ld, my ex just took me to court this past year and had my alimony reduced because he says he is losing money with the economy, but he knows how to hide his business and how to make things look like they belong to his business partners and are not his. He is still going on cruises and trips, he is buying things and adding things to his new home etc...my lawyer and I along with a lot of others know it, but when we went to court and the judge heard our cases she said....look I can side with him or I may side with her...meaning me, but she said you both are going to tie up the courts with this case and I don't need to tell you your children will know you are at a disagreement and it may upset them, but to prove what you both want to prove will take investigation and time and I can tell you that you will both be paying over $60,000 or more each, to settle this in court. I did not want to put my kids through any more fighting even though I did not start this again and I could not afford to pay that much money for this one fight. I had to settle, but I told him I would not settle unless he signed something to say he would not take me back to court for more money after this for 3 years. Just to give me a rest, so he agreed. It does not mean he can not take me back to court for other things, but at least I can breath for 3 years. I have to deal with a man who never stops pushing for what he wants, when he wants it...He is a sociopath and he knows how to play the game...life is one big game of winning for him. Funny how his sister used to tell me how when he was little he would cheat in every board game or activity he would play with people and if he did not win...or before he would lose he would throw the board so no one else would win. Hindsight is everything.
PS: A month after court was over he went on another cruise, probably with the money I lost... and get this...he took my boys and told them they could each have a friend come along and he would pay for it. Christ is the only anchor I have in facing this injustice....but I know there is Judgement in God's hands.
Susan
It just never ends. Don't ever have a relationship with a sociopath...of course that is how they get you though...they act so sweet and nice at the start of it all.