Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: feeling hopeless

I am also here strongspirit101@aol.com
For me, I am in the anger stage. I am really angry at him for not caring about me, for lying and pretending he did, for keeping me TRAPPED by taking advantage of my heart, for STILL lying and saying he cares when his actions are so obvious that he doesn't. I am really really angry at me, for letting him do this. For forgetting or excusing the things he has done, for reminding myself to forgive and be kind to all, but he doesn't deserve it. I went to counseling. I went to Al-Anon. But all I really learned how to do was to tolerate what he was doing. OK, that's fine, I can be fine without him, but do I have to stay married to him? It seems so stupid. HE is treating ME bad, but I go to counseling to get better?? He is the one who needs to get better! He acts like he is such a great husband because he doesn't hit me or cheat on me, but the MENTAL abuse, to be treated as less than human, as someone without feelings, as a thing that doesn't matter... sick of it. To say I have a problem with him because I have a problem with all people??? It takes a LOT for me to not like a person, I can get along with most, I don't pass judgement, I understand we are all products of our life experiences and we are all in this together. I tried so hard to feel this way towards him, gave him the benefit of the doubt more than he deserved only to realize he is an empty shell. When I married him I thought I was marrying a diamond in the rough but all I got was a lump of coal. But i am glad I am angry. I am finally SEEING the truth. It is a step towards my freedom. You have not been treated the way you should have been. Get angry about it, not sad. Then you can take this energy and do something positive with it. I guess it's all a part of the stages we go through. I went through the sadness, YEARS of it, all the crying, the depression, to get to the point of hey! This is MY life! I don't want to waste my time here!
Anyway, if you want to email me, feel free, I am always here to listen and support and encourage (even if in a bit of a crazy way!) ... our freedom lies in letting go.

Amen strongspirit101!!!!! It is freeing to let it out, see it and then use it all in a positive way.

Susan ... ...

thank you, you said exactly what I wanted to say and how I feel I just could not put it into words.