Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex getting married

I thought I was beyond this, but I am upset that ex is getting married!!!! It has been four years since the split and I thought I had totally moved on.
When does it end??????

Re: Ex getting married

Honestly? Depending on the circumstances, it might never end. Initially, my ex and I got on fairly well. It was when things were coming out in the wash - about him - that the communications began to get sour.

The bottom line here is, most of us will still retain at least some tender feelings for the ex; we are women, we love, we forgive, we nurture - we do not, however, have 'WELCOME' stencilled on our foreheads, and many of us will not forget a slight or a betrayal. Time fades anger and hurt feelings, until frequently, all that remains is a distant fondness.

Re: Ex getting married

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your input. I think I am more upset with my decision to stay for so many years in a false marriage. He always wanted the freedom to do as he pleased with whom he pleased, and I always fought for the family to stay together. Now I am on my own and not sure I will ever want to marry again; and he is married and willing to give up the freedom he was so determined to have! Oh well.... I really am better off. I have no doubt that I would never want what we had!